Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pump controller for C.O. furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I found at the internet that the best way to make something that can control furnace, is to use microcontroller. The best for that is Atmel. Easiest way to make right software is Bascom. Unfortunately my abilities in programming are not very good. I almost gave up. Even thought that better idea is to use an old PC, with “something” that is controlled by RS or USB. Luckily I refuse that idea. Again I saw how helpful the internet can be. I made construction based on minidriver – Vamond with name VamsterT. As a temperature sensor I used DS18B20. controller is powered by 12V power supply.
Operating principle:
Device control The controller controls the water circulation pump at C.O. furnace
It allow to set 3 modes:
- on: pump always on
- - off : pump always off
- -Us ( normal work): we can set right temperature.
- Keyboard allow to set right temperature. You can see settings at the display
In Us mode:
- after get right temperature, the pump is on
- - when temperature decrease, the pump is off
- sensor errors is shown at the display, and call by buzzer

display shows actual temperate.
When you press any button, you will see temperature that is set.
I’m going to put another temperature sensor for additional control.
Temperature sensor DS18B20 is situated in the pipe. Pipe is filled by silicone. Pipe is situated near output of furnace.
More in formations at: https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1562049.html

Status
Not open for further replies.