Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motorcycle Alert.. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vym

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone..
I hope I'm on the right section to post my queries.

I am planning on doing a thesis project about Motorcycle Burglar Alert. I call it this way because the device that I am planning to implement will alert the owner once his motorcycle will be at stake, through a call. The instances that will trigger the call to the owner are the following:
1.) If the motorcycle has been played by anyone like there is a constant pressing on its horn, playing on the hand break and foot break, and when the neutral gear is selected by unauthorized ones.
2.)If there is any burglar attack. It will be triggered if the original position has been changed from the moment the owner parked it and set the alarm. I will concentrate the matter on its wheel. So once the wheel has been moved or lifted it will alert the owner automatically. And only the owner can turn the alarm off.

The thought of using the call to alert the owner occurred to me because sometimes text messages were not taken heed instantly. A text message to alert the owner may be neglected. And since sometimes there are still so few concern citizens to respond to such alarm, thinking that the owner may be near by to attend it. So a direct call may be very helpful.

I am thinking of making a small device to fit in to the inner seat of the motorcycle since there is a lock in it. In order to avoid a possible removal of the device.

So here are my questions:
1.What would be the possible sensor/device that could be used to detect the wheel's alteration in position? How can the input of the wheel's movement be caught with the device inside the seat?
2.Is there any module or device that can be used to call the owner once there is an unlikely motion or action in the motorcycle that can cause the trigger?
(This is what really bothers me. Honestly, I don't have any idea on what keywords to use in surfing the internet.)

I am really praying that you'll not get pissed with all my questions and I am hoping that some of the geniuses here can really help me out.

Best Regards to everyone.

Thank you!!
vym

vym said:
1.What would be the possible sensor/device that could be used to detect the wheel's alteration in position? How can the input of the wheel's movement be caught with the device inside the seat?
You can sense the rotation of the wheel by putting a small magnes on the wheel and a Hall effect sensor on the frame. Tachometer in the bicycle computer works on the same principle. You can also sense the spokes of the wheel with an inductive proximity sensor.
You can also put a GPS module under the back seat. Not only will it detect that the motorcycle is moving, but it will also tell the owner where the motorcycle is.

vym said:
2.Is there any module or device that can be used to call the owner once there is an unlikely motion or action in the motorcycle that can cause the trigger?
GSM modem module or cellular modem module could be good search phrases.
Here's an example https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=757
Such devices can sens SMS.

kender said:
You can also put a GPS module under the back seat. Not only will it detect that the motorcycle is moving, but it will also tell the owner where the motorcycle is.

Thank you so much Sir, for sharing your knowledge. But,is there any other device to consider that would be cheaper than the GPS module? thank you once again Sir.

Hi, the GPS can be used to track were your bike is but what will be the cost of GPS module and cost of the bike?

kabiru said:
Hi, the GPS can be used to track were your bike is but what will be the cost of GPS module and cost of the bike?

You're right Sir. Thank you! :D I can use that justification if ever our panel would react violently with the cost of our GPS and with the overall project.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.