Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to equate the rise time and fall time of cmos logic gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

urian

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,there
i am working clock circuit with cmos logic gate,i.e,inverter,nand2,nand3,nor2,and the high level is 1.2v with low level 0v.
i want to set the rise time and fall time of them to a equal value.
so i short the input of them and give a vdc input and run the dc analysis while sweeping the input from 0 to 1.2v.
then i change the W/L of the transistor until i find that the cross point of input and ouput is nearly 0.6v on both of them.
next i test the rise/fall time of them,but only to find that they are not equal.
then i change the W/L again to set the rise/fall time equal,but find that the cross point of input and output is far away from 0.6v.
So,which method should i adopt?

Re: how to equate the rise time and fall time of cmos logic

urian said:
... i change the W/L again to set the rise/fall time equal,but find that the cross point of input and output is far away from 0.6v.
So,which method should i adopt?
The latter method, if you want equal rise/fall times. It's not necessary (nor possible) to get a mid cross point in this case, as the threshold voltages of both FETs are different.

urian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks,erikl,i got it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back