Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing JHD12864e GLCD with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarasi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys

i'm using a glcd on a project, JHD12864e model! when i wanted to interface the glcd to microcontroller i found out that the glcd needs a negative voltage generator on its VEE pin ( pin No.18 ) of -10v for the GLCD driving! this model JHD1284e glcd might not have the negative generator onboard!! (not sure !!)

i know some other types of glcd might have it onboard such as (AGM1264f glcd) but since i already bought this JHD12864e glcd, i want to use it but i'm not sure if it has negative voltage generator implemented onboard or not!.

what made me confused was that when i looked at the power supply diagram in the datasheet of AGM1264f i found the -10V stated there while not stated in my glcd JHD12864e!

can you guys have a look at the datasheet for JHD12864e glcd and also the one for AGM1264f glcd (power supply section and VEE fucntion )and then compare the differences between their power supplies as well as Vee function!?

i'm worried that i might misunderstand the things here and i shouldn't use voltage converter in my case!
should i use -10V voltage generator at the output of Vee or no need? if yes, is it possible by using negative voltage converter as suggested to me?

thank you

Re: glcd interface

alarasi said:
hello guys

i'm using a glcd on a project, JHD12864e model! when i wanted to interface the glcd to microcontroller i found out that the glcd needs a negative voltage generator on its VEE pin ( pin No.18 ) of -10v for the GLCD driving! this model JHD1284e glcd might not have the negative generator onboard!! (not sure !!)

i know some other types of glcd might have it onboard such as (AGM1264f glcd) but since i already bought this JHD12864e glcd, i want to use it but i'm not sure if it has negative voltage generator implemented onboard or not!.

what made me confused was that when i looked at the power supply diagram in the datasheet of AGM1264f i found the -10V stated there while not stated in my glcd JHD12864e!

can you guys have a look at the datasheet for JHD12864e glcd and also the one for AGM1264f glcd (power supply section and VEE fucntion )and then compare the differences between their power supplies as well as Vee function!?

i'm worried that i might misunderstand the things here and i shouldn't use voltage converter in my case!
should i use -10V voltage generator at the output of Vee or no need? if yes, is it possible by using negative voltage converter as suggested to me?

thank you
No.
See this video I am also using the same GLCD without using the VEE pin(NC):D

what NO!!

u mean i don't need -10V or u mean it's implemented onboard or what!?
u showed me a video but nothing useful for me!

alarasi said:
what NO!!

u mean i don't need -10V or u mean it's implemented onboard or what!?
u showed me a video but nothing useful for me!

ya no need.. :D
Consider it as NC.

Edit: Video as proof. :D

if u measure the voltage in VEE pin, how much u get? is should be -10V or what?

alarasi said:
if u measure the voltage in VEE pin, how much u get? is should be -10V or what?

For what?
may be

I think there is a chance to get -10v (80%). But I don't have enough time to check that. k I will post the result next day.

because as i read in last page of the datasheet that VEE interface into -10V,
i want to know if it's implemented onboard or not? bcz im not getting -10V so i want to know is there something wrong with my connection or not

alarasi said:
because as i read in last page of the datasheet that VEE interface into -10V,
i want to know if it's implemented onboard or not? bcz im not getting -10V so i want to know is there something wrong with my connection or not

kk
Result: -9.65v :D
Ya. problem may be with ur connection.

oh thank you that's good info for me :)
but i should connect the same pin Vee to VR10k right ?

one more thing, did u connect the LED+ pin directly to the 5v (VCC) or it should be connected to a resistor befor the 5V ?

alarasi said:
but i should connect the same pin Vee to VR10k right ?
I don't think its necessary becoz my JHD128x64E works fine without connecting VEE(No Connection in my case).

alarasi said:
one more thing, did u connect the LED+ pin directly to the 5v (VCC) or it should be connected to a resistor befor the 5V ?
No, you can connect LED+ pin directly to 5v.

Good luck.

hai anand,,,pls give me an example code for glcd. iam interested to do glcd with pic18f452 for my new project using ccs c.

hai anand,,,pls give me an example code for glcd. iam interested to do glcd with pic18f452 for my new project using ccs c.

an inbuilt library is available in CCS
just include following files

#include <HDM64GS12.c>
#include <graphics.c>

and in main

glcd_init(ON);
glcd_line(10,10,40,40,ON); //This will draw a line on the screen.....

Hi yokohama,

Follow with the tutorial link u posted, is it MUST need install the software ProGFX in order to use GLCD?
Please advice and thanks. =)

Hello,
I'm using JHD12864E with PIC18f25k22 microcontroller, i used default GLCD example in MikroC,
Problem is, its receiving data when VCC of GLCD is disconnected, shows that data when VCC pin is connected, what is the problem, solution?

please send me a sample ccs c code for display image

Thanks in advance

i like to display bitmap image in graphical lcd 128*64

Status
Not open for further replies.