Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the roadmap to becoming a chip architect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitchurch85

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thanks you all for taking the time to read this post. I really appreciate it.

Ok, here is the deal i'm an RCG(recent college graduate)... I would very much like to end up a chip-architect. What is the road-map to reach this point.

1) Currently i'm a total newbie, so what is the best entry level job-role for a newbie in a company. What is it, what skills do i need.

2) My background is MS in EE, area of study VLSI, Multi-processor programming(CUDA stuff) C/C++(it was an interesting hobby).., SystemC,VHDL/VERILOG.

3) One HUGE disadvantage no real world experience. Well i'm part of the recession generation(2008-2009).., there were no internships when i tried in US.

4) Also every role i apply to requires PERL, wats PERL role for an guy working with digital electronics, or hardware in general anywayz.

But i really need to know, what are the entry level skills i need. What kind of work are newbies generally offered in Microelectronic fab/fabless companies.

ok someone told me to mention my degree.
Masters in Electrical Engineering.
Bachelors in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

I am especially interested in knowing job openings for newbies in India, China and the US.

I am especially interested in positions in India, as i have unrestricted right to work in India.:D

US also if possible :cry: I have cried bloody tears for the past 2 years here think if there is any chance jus lemme know.

HI, you have lot of chances to get success, all u need to do is brush up your skills and apply for the jobs, if you want to join core companies then u need to be strong in basic electronics, u can also try in government sectors where u are eligible.....

India and China are good options! North America is pretty stagnant right about now. If you are in Bharat, don't move to North America until you have a job offer from a solid company in your hands.

And yes, I too am in a very depressed state. But cling to the [false?] hope that things will get better in a year or two. If all else fails, I will return home.

Hi guys,
how are you doing now, i was going through a post on edaboards, lots of companies in bangalore.

I spoke with some pros, the road to becoming a chip architect requires a phd or a broad range of experience is what i was told.

Anywayz what about you guys, planning to move to India. Please stay in touch. I'll be around EDAboard regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back