Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching 9600 baud rate device with baud rate at 9570 or 9630

Status
Not open for further replies.

veekan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i am generating baud rate at 9570 or 9630, can i match the baud rate with 9600 device ( Eg: Modem or Hyperterminal PC). give suggestion B'coz i using internal x-tal, i can't create exact baudrate like 9600,19200..

Re: baud rate difference

The actual baud rate does not matter as long as all the equipment you are connecting to uses the same value. So if the device you are talking to is also 9570/9630 there will be no problem.

If you are talking to devices which are using the standard 9600 speed, the 'rule of thumb' is to stay within 2.5% of center speed. For 9600 bauds this means between 9365 and 9840 bauds so you might be OK. Please bear in mind that inaccuracy at the other end may also limit the acceptable range.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.