Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me what this is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elockpicker

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Today I was at the library and found this (the picture is included).
I think this is used as the security system (anti shoplifting) ,It looks like an inductor ?
Can anyone please tell me what it is ?

Thank you very much.

Have you been living under a rock? Those things have been around for decades. That take a low frequency RF signal and double its frequency--theft detection.

Thank you very much,can you introduce some resources or give me some clues (I don't know any names; 'frequency doubler' ???) so I can know more about these things ?

Hi,
Its name is: RFID or "Tag"...
It exist in much versions, but these one hase possibly a workfrequency of 13.56 MHz, usual their dont make frequency doublig for answering, but has Amplitude Modulation or others coded answer...
The smallest ones hase a diameter of ca. 6mm, up to ca. 40x80mm, but you can find newst versions with "on chip antenna"_ca. 2.0x1.5-2.0mm:)
K.

It's an EAS (electronic article surveilance) tag, not RFID. It sends no codes. See:

Its just an LC circuit tunned to some specific frequency. Basically its a capacitor connected across a coil..Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back