Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

calibre for layout post-simulation, spectre vs. config

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i use calibre for layout post-simulation, but i have a question: i use two methods to run post-simulation,:
first, i extract spectre output format netlist (R+C+CC), and change it to *.scs; then, i include it into my pre-simulation netlist (input.scs): include "****/*.scs", and delete the relating subckt description in pre-simulation netlist, then i run my post-simlation with the new netlist.
second, i extract calibreview output format netlist (R+C+CC) and make it generate a calibre file (similar to schematic with parasitics); then, in the testbench cell, i create a config file, and use the generated calibre file to run my postsimulation.
however, the two results (i mean, output voltage)may be different for some input value, that is, for some input value, the two results are close to each other (only 0.4mv difference or so), but for some input value, they differ very much (as large as 20mv or so). i think, the two methods should give the same results, but here, they don't. why/ what is the possible reason for this difference? which result is more reliable?
can anyone met this problem before? pls help me. thanks in advance.

spectre vs config

Two different rules decks with two slightly different netlists?
Even things like minimum capacitance filtering settings can
add up to different results.

spectre vs config

i use the same extract rules, the same simulation environment, just different output format, therefore, i think the results should be the same, but not actually, why?

Re: spectre vs config

lhlbluesky said:
i use the same extract rules, the same simulation environment, just different output format, therefore, i think the results should be the same, but not actually, why?

I will look at the netlists to see if they are the same.

Re: spectre vs config

i think if you want to run a post sim using ADE, using config is more flexible to change from one view (says schematic) to another view (some thing like av_extracted).
if you want to use netlist i think it is better change it into a model (using .include, without deleting something) and then run the model symbol using ADE.

Status
Not open for further replies.