Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED powered by RF (was : LED with Solar Panel )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budiman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm thinking to power a LED with RF (like RFID). :idea:
So I need an RF transmiiter and receiver with inductor (?).
No powersupply, battery or solar panel at the receiver.
Does anyone have tried this method ?
Where can I get the schematic ?

8O

Pardon my very amatuer-newbie question, but is something like this even possible????

yes, i think it is. RF waves carry energy. this energy could be used to power anything that comes in the range of the power levels available from RF waves. have u seen those little LED flashers that u stick on to the antenna of mobile phones. well they use the energy from the antenna (wirelessly) to power a simple oscillator and a couple of low power LEDs. as a side note, i have heard that those flashers might disturb the reception of your calls.

ive seen some products on the internet that charge small devices in this way. and ive heard that there are some wrist watches that can be powered from the energy in the waves. but u cant power a three phase motor from RF waves. it all depends on the power required.

Most certainly possible, in fact I'm sure many people will have heard interesting stories about what happens when you put flourescent tubes into the ground underneath very high voltage power lines, sort of similar concept I guess.

In the case of your project, the operating distance will probably be very limited.

Something similar was posted a couple of years ago i recall .. There is a web site (maybe german ) about this type of applications . Do a search at elektroda first then serach for that site!

Possible but dangerous.Several Watts required.(unless directional antennas are used).
Don't kick your health insurance like this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back