Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make an USB PIC programmer easily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rans

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm a newer to the µC world. I need to build a reliable USB based PIC programmer as I do not have serial/parellel ports in my notebook.
16F**** / 16C****/ 18F**** are what I wanna program.
Also mention the compatible programming softwares(i.e. MPLAB, WINPIC, ICPROG, etc). It would be really valuable, if you kan provide a PCB layout as well.
I went through some programmer schematics; unfortunately few components are not available in the market.
Your comment is highly valuable.

Regards,
Rans:D

:?:

Use GTP Usb or PicKit2 Clons. But first u should program programmer's Master IC(PIC18F2550), for this u need a parallel port.
GTP usb is very easy to construct and will support PIC16/18 constrollers.

But construction of PicKit 2 Clone is a little difficult job(will support all* 3.3 and 5V pic controllers),u can also use lite version of PicKit2 just search on this forum. Pickit2 lite version will support almost all 5v PIC controllers.

Rans

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanx for uer reply.
I searched the forum and got a schematic+PCB layout of a PicKit2 Clone. Let me know whether I kant program PIC18F2550 using a JDM programmer. What is the use of a parallel port?
I found GTP usb programmer circuit is a pretty small one. IS it possible to program all 16F/18Fxxxx PICs using it?
Thanx.

Rans said:
Thanx for uer reply.
I searched the forum and got a schematic+PCB layout of a PicKit2 Clone. Let me know whether I kant program PIC18F2550 using a JDM programmer. What is the use of a parallel port?
I found GTP usb programmer circuit is a pretty small one. IS it possible to program all 16F/18Fxxxx PICs using it?
Thanx.

Yes GTP usb can.
Here is the circuit diagram for programming PIC18F2550 (Master IC).
**broken link removed**
MOD: Do not upload materials which are freely available on the net. Just give the link. Next time you'll be warned.
Refer this site for more about this parallel port programmer
**broken link removed**

You need a software called Winpic800 for both parallel port(art2003) and GTP USB programmer. You should use version winpic800 3.55g for ur gtp usb programmer.

Good Luck.

You may try PICkit2 clone which is excellently working as many people are working with it. It is very easy to make one at a reasonable cost. You may have a look at these links given below which may be helpfull.

You may also try these links given below.
www.blueroomelectronics.com
www.united77.com/products.htm
www.icprog.com
www.lancos.com/prog.html
**broken link removed**

OR

Try google search with keywords "JDM programmer" for serial port programmer or Pickit2 clone" for USB programmer. You'll find ample designs on the net......... Cheers

Reactions: Rans

Rans

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can use pickit2 programmer.
Easy And Open Source :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back