Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS, master/slave/perfect E boundary conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snosal

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am quite new in using HFSS. I am trying to model a stack of two FSS (cross arrays) that are identical but translated in the x,y plane, and separated by a dielectric material. Illustration attached (JPEG).

At least one perfectly conducting cross touches a master/slave boundary. But this seems to bother HFSS... which gives to following error :

[error] The mesh process encountered an unexpected condition Pt with exact image geometric location does not lie on partner!!! in file .\vmm_match_boundary.cpp line 1778. (5:34:06 PM Jan 21, 2010)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (5:34:06 PM Jan 21, 2010)

Does someone have a solution to my problem ? I could certainly skew my unit cell, having non vertical boundary in the dielectric layer, which is not an elegant solution.

Thanks !

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back