Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ogic circuit to drive a unipolar step motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan_merter

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
counting problem

i am trying to design a logic circuit to drive a unipolar step motor. when i simulate my circuit in ewb, it works properly and without any problem, but when i create my circuit with ICs, 7473 counts just a few secon then stops counting.

i couldnt find the problem i just provide it 130 hz input signal. what could be the problem?

or do you know a logic control circuit for step motor (i know it is much easier to do this with pics and comps but this is a homework and must be done:D)

thanx

counting problem

Hi,
can you have an oscilloscope? Check the signals on your counter...
Maybe is an thermal effect_can it after some cooling pause repeatedly function , or is it dead?
Are your input pulses not higher as supply voltage, & do you have real GNDs on the 7473s gnd-pin?
Maybe your motor gives on the counter big transients = t will be rash killed:-(
K.

Re: counting problem

I use the **broken link removed** online circuit board to simulate my circuits before implementing them with IC because it tends to reveal the funny conditions. Can you upload a snapshot of your circuit?

ref: **broken link removed**; click on "Circuit Board" and then scroll down to view board.

I doubt the issue is heat related since this circuit does not sound intense.

Re: counting problem

sounds like the usual ewb problem with mixed mode ic

better you 'find' proteus vsm
and retry your paradym in that

youll find it works

ewb is rubbish for any type of simulation
im not sure that company every got off mars???

for pcb design they "were" ok
for simulation well thats a decade ago now

use a modern tool

counting problem

Hi peoples,
He has the problem with realized circuit and not during simulation...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back