Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on HFSS radiation boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

panbo77

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I have a question on HFSS radiation boundary setup. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I am designing an antenna that is buried into the ground. So, the upper space is air and the lower space is soil or concrete. Both of them are infinitely large on the X-Y plane. I drew a box to enclose the antenna and wants to assign the radiation boundary around it. My understanding is that HFSS always assumes the outside of this radiation box is free space. For me, it is obvious the outside of the lower part is soil.

Is my understanding right? If so, how should I set up the radiation box here?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice.

Bo

Hi,

I am sorry to say that your understanding is wrong, HFss`s boundary is the compute area that sovler calculate, that is , NO computation is performed outside the boundary.

I think the right way is setting the box`s face as radiating boundary and the lower face of the box you should set it as profect E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back