Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse oximeter question - hlp with circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni1983

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pulse oximeter question

Hello everyone and happy new year.

I am trying to make a pulse oximeter, I'm just starting and I'd like to ask a couple of questions about some basic guide i have found. The following is the circuit i have:

**broken link removed**

First of all, is this the whole circuit I will have to use, or is it just a part of a whole?

Now, concerning the circuit above: The description says that the sensor unit is connected to the upper circuit through a ribbon cable. My question is, how is the connection made? Which parts have to be connected and where exactly? Does the description mean, a ribbon cable to connect the LED's with the TSL230R on the right side ? And if so then where does the left part of the circuit come into play(the one including the PIC)?

Another question is about the R3 and R4 resistors. How can i calculate their values? I've looked at the datasheets but i couldn't find something solid.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Pulse oximeter question

Hi,
Check the full article pls:
**broken link removed**
You can see it!
Upper part is the PIC-electronics & connected via 10 wires flatcable to the sensor/finger/lower part:
K.

Re: Pulse oximeter question

Thanks for the reply, i will have a look and get back if needed !

Pulse oximeter question

You are welcome!
Ciao
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back