Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choosing IGBT modules in regard to minimum operating voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

invermet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wish to construct an inverter for wind turbines up to 50 kW

Can anyone recommend how to choose IGBT modules with the broadest DC input range ?

and what parameters to use when setting the cut-in point

I would like the cut-in level to be at least down to 140 VDC , and may be as high as 780 VDC

Output will be set at 50 Hz , 415 VAC 3 phase ( Australia )

Solar inverters tend to have a narrow input range , while wind powered have broader fluctuations of minimum and max voltage .

--------------

There will not always be low voltage AC supply on site , so do i need to have a backup battery to run the logic and driver circuits operated by a turbine blade movement sensor to prevent the battery being run flat when there is no wind , or is there a better way to configure the circuit so no back up battery is required ?

i would also have low voltage requirements to operate condition monitoring and data uploads . ( 5 VDC and 12 VDC ) but i can run a standalone power supply for that .

-------------

any advice gentlemen ?

( and ladies if present )

By the close loop control in digital mode you can control the DC i/p of 140V to 740V.

To choos IGBT consider the max i/p voltage and current.

Re: choosing IGBT modules in regard to minimum operating vol

Homeshpwe said:
By the close loop control in digital mode you can control the DC i/p of 140V to 740V.

To choos IGBT consider the max i/p voltage and current.

thankyou

I have been given some Fuji 6MB1300U 6 pack modules ( 1200 V - 300 A )

Can anyone suggest ideal drivers for this function ?

Concept look very good but $ 500 each for driver and base board

**broken link removed**

Fuji used to recommend the EXB 851 or VLA 517-01R driver but now point me at the Concept one above

next question , logic controller and compiler

anyone got product preferences for efficiency , ease of setup and reliability , plus of course minimum cost of components and labour ?

thankyou

:D[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.