Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the LFSR and the MISR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram80

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi There,

I am not sure if I am asking the right question but what is LFSR and MISR? Are they both used around MBIST engine or inside MBIST engine and how?

Please explain

thanks,

Hi There,

I am not sure if I am asking the right question but what is LFSR and MISR? Are they both used around MBIST engine or inside MBIST engine and how?

Please explain

thanks,

lfsr is linear feedback shift register.this is for generating random patterns.There are different types of LFSR. In testing of circuits we have to generate test the patterns for testing.For this we can use LFSR.MISR is multiple input signature register.It is used in the output section of a testing harware.Normally it is used in Built in self Test(BIST).In the output section, the actual output is to be compared with the fault free output for error detection.Here instead of bit to bit comparison, we can convert output bits into a particular function known as signature.This signature is compared with fault free signature.For this conversion into a signature, we can use a MISR

2 types
1.internal feed back
2.external feed back LFSR's
generats random sequence of numbers
MISR is a multiple input signature register

compares orginal values with obtained values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back