Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load impedance of RF transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whale89

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Load impedance?

Hello everyone,

iam designing a rf transmitter. Since for maximum power transfer the output impedance of my transmitter should match the load impedance, iam very much confused in calculating the load impedance.

In my transmitter design , i need to transmit radio wave between two two terminals of the metal plates.these metal plates are connected to two terminals of my transmitter output respectively.

Now, my load impedance is the air gap between the two terminals ( iam i right?). So, how can i calculate the term load impedance?

How do radio engineers calculate this term?

Load impedance?

Your problem is to define antenna impedance.Because, if the transmission line is open circuited and metallic body is not wrapped up by an insulator or similar material, your device is an antenna..
So, the problem should be considered as antenna imedance and this will be referred antenna theory and practice...
OR, if you consider your transmission line as pure transmission line, your should charaterize your TL and find its characteristic impedance and then on the smith chart you have to marker this and you should return back to your source by equivalent wavelength and you can find impedance which is seen by transmitter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back