Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water detecting pump controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattylad

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiya guys, can anyone recommend a water detector that controls a relay that can switch on/off a 240vac water pump?

I have a slight flooding problem in the cellar and want to use an old central heating pump controlled by an automatic water detection circuit to pump it out when it rains in & floods.

Something simple that does not have any pics etc that need programming.

Thank you.

hi mattylad

i think u talk abt level relay with probs.
see that http://www.findernet.com/comuni/pdf/S72EN.pdf[/url]

Rain in Lancashire - well I never! You should be here on the west coast of Wales at the moment, finding places that *aren't* flooded is a challenge.

Alternative to the previous suggestion, if you can get hold of an old front loading washing machine, the water supply valve is controlled by a pressure relay, it should work perfectly for your needs and it never gets wet so it should be safer. It is a diaphragm that pushes against a micro-switch to turn the power on. The diaphragm is in a chamber that has a plastic pipe leading from it. The idea is the other end of the pipe goes where the water will appear, the rising water pushes the air up the pipe, bends the diaphragm and operates the switch. The pipe allows you to keep the switch well away from nasty wet stuff.

Brian.

Hi,

If you want something thats ready to run, pumps mucky water up with a good head and is relativley electrically safe then get one of the Machine Mart pumps with an inbuilt water level float

Have used one for a couple of years in a sump without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back