Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading data from a file in Proteus VSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir0403

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have stored GPS data (without parsing) in a text file through hyper terminal in Laptop.
I need to process that data in Proteus Simulation.

I want that data to be read by PIC18F4520 from 'File' model of Proteus and then perform the necessary Parsing for extracting desired information from data strings stored in text file and read from 'File' model in Proteus.

Could somebody please help me in this regard,how to use 'FILE' model in Proteus.

I do not have any idea how to use this 'FILE' model in Proteus for above mentioned purpose

You can use "COMPIM" physical interface serial port....which is directly read/send data from COM port of PC.

Well,thank you for the reply.

I am well aware of the use of COMPIM but COMPIM cannot serve the purpose which i am looking for.

I want to use data already stored on a text file to develop logic and for extracting vehicle location information which is also sometimes termed as 'Parsing of GPS data'

I would connect GSM modem with COMPIM to simulate the vehicle tracking system
That data stored on the file would serve as virctual GPS for my code development process...

Status
Not open for further replies.