Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony Ericsson DCU11 to DRC11

Status
Not open for further replies.

amila133

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted to interface sony ericsson k700 phone to PIC using DRC11
(RS232) cable. But I was unable to find DRC11 cable in the market.

I have DCU11(USB) cable. I have schematic of DRC11 cable But not DCU11 cable. If you have some detail about DCU11 cable, please tell me and guide me to do this clearly.

Thanks............

according to the schemmatics that i found in thiss page
https://www.clubsonyericsson.com/foro/index.php?topic=23626.0

86_1257903944.png

the #6 pin is RxD
the #7 pin is TxD
#9 + 3.3 v
#10 GND

for the rs232 connection i hope it works for you

amila133

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you very much

What is the function of DCU11 cable . Is is USB to serial conversion

Hi Amila, in my case I bought a DCU-11 cable I removed the usb to serial converter and only I used the mobile connector.

About phone connecor I've used pin 4 (Rx), pin 5 (Tx), pin 10(GND), and pin 11 (power)

62_1258038034.gif

amila133

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Amila,
I mean have u tried what fiolin says by cutting off the USB head and take the TX and RX pns of the phone and connect to the PIC?Does it work cause I am stuck as i cant find a rs-232 cable for the phone.Thanks.

We should take RX, TX nad GND pin of the phone. then it works. If you want you can use just a connector of the USB data cable to connect above three pins.
Just cutting USB head and connecting RX,TX will not work.
regrds,
Amila

hi guys... well i'm doing the similar project as amilla and also use k700 in my project... using the max232 circuit and the dcu11 cable, i've tried to communicate to my phone using hyperterminal... but nothing show up... can anybody help me here? thanx in advanced... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.