Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design 1mv pulse, lead selector-ECG schematic design

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMIN-DC

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ECG schematic design

hi. can anyone show or explain to me how to design a 1mv pulse, lead selector switch, lead fault indicator, preamp isolation, dc offset, analog to digital conversion, diagnostic /monitoring modes, heart rate meter, peak detector or upper and lower alarm limits for an ecg. :idea: any help would be great

Re: how to design 1mv pulse, lead selector-ECG schematic des

bumping this topic for further input. from the perspective of another fellow designer of an ecg project.

i will suggest simply coming up with a hardwire design for lead selection using a rotary switch. i'm sure you are aware of this method. IC seems very unnecessary if that's what you are considering.

presumably you'd want to use a comparator for the peak detection triggering at the amplitude of the R wave, obviously same for fault detection and alarms.

feed your peak detection to beats/min, but what would we use here?

what do you mean by preamp isolation? buffering the bioelectric signal, voltage protection?

i'm at an in-pass with dc offset, it's relatively easy to design by adjusting your offset voltage, however using a pot seems problematic in regards to adjusting above and below our reference point.

Status
Not open for further replies.