Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCP Pin function of PIC18f452

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon1987

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to PIC18f452. Last night, i read the datasheet of the PIC18f452 and come across through the CCP mode of PIC18f452. In the datasheet, it state the CCP1 has special trigger event and CCP2 don't have special trigger event. What does the term "special trigger" event mean?

I want to use the capture mode inside the PIC18f452 for my application. I need to use both CCP1 and CCP2 as the input pin. The two pin was connected to two different souce. These two CCP1 and CCP2 are independent of each other. For example, i use the CCP1 to check the signal from one source to check whther it has falling edge or not. If yes, then the value in timer for CCP1 is stored. This example are also for CCP2. If the signal in CCP2 source has falling edge, the timer for CCP2 will be stored.

My main question is: Can i use these two CCP as the input at the same time? Each CCP pin will be use different timer. Does the Special trigger event affect this application?

I hope someone can reply me on this problem because now i am urgently in understanding this function for my circuit design.

Any help is appreciated. Thank in advance.

SPECIAL EVENT TRIGGER

In this mode, an internal hardware trigger is generated,
which may be used to initiate an action.
The special event trigger output of CCP1 resets the
TMR1 register pair. This allows the CCPR1 register to
effectively be a 16-bit programmable period register for
Timer1.
The special trigger output of CCPx resets either the
TMR1 or TMR3 register pair. Additionally, the CCP2
Special Event Trigger will start an A/D conversion if the
A/D module is enabled.

I think you can use by associating timer1 to ccp1 and timer3 to ccp2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.