Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mushroom type EBG for UWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephuong07

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm designing uwb antenna using single-arm spiral microstrip type. To make the antenna radiate directional (theta = 0) the backside of the substrate is groung. But the performance of the antenna is degraded seriously. So I use EBG structure to simulate amc material replacing the ground. Now the impdedance of the antenna is well matched with 50 ohm coaxial probe feeding. But the radiation pattern is not good. i think that because of the type of feeding (coaxial probe), the surface wave is strong so it makes the radiation so bad. now i want to have the surface wave suppression characteristic of the ebg in the uwb freq range. But it so difficlut to have both the amc and surface wave suppression as desired. Anybody know about this.

Thanhs in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back