Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving step/dir driver using pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aigor

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step dir

Hi, i'm quiet new in the pic's world, i need some information about how to drive a step motor driver that accept in, only ste/dir signal.
I would like build a simple circuit that drive 3 motors via 6 button and display travle distance on lcd display.
Lcd inferface and software is'nt a problem, my problem is: how to generate a frequency on a specific pic pin?

Many thanks

step-dir

first u need to know how stepper motor can be interfaced with microcontroller pic or any.

there r different kinds of stepper motor available. what kind do u have? 5wire, 6wire and u must also know the step angle.

after that u need to give pulses to the motor either in full step mode or half step mode.
u can get this info easily by googling.

u just need to pass patterns on the pins of motor with optimum delay and ur motor will run.

Any specific module of controller is generally not required to run it.

dir diver exclusive

Tajinder Singh said:
first u need to know how stepper motor can be interfaced with microcontroller pic or any.

there r different kinds of stepper motor available. what kind do u have? 5wire, 6wire and u must also know the step angle.

after that u need to give pulses to the motor either in full step mode or half step mode.
u can get this info easily by googling.

u just need to pass patterns on the pins of motor with optimum delay and ur motor will run.

Any specific module of controller is generally not required to run it.
maybe i was cryptic, i already have driver, they accept step and dir in input to drive motor, my need is only howto make frequency with pic 16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.