Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three phase power meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamacgilberto

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ct of power meter

any body Please help! Our Power provider informed us that one of the three CT for the power meter was deffective and they will billed us for the unbilled amount which 1/3 of the power we had pay... Does it true that if one CT would failed 1/3 of the power did not register? Im so confused because sometime I read the 3 Line current comming to us were not equal..

And also aside from the KWH usage they would also billed us for the 1/3 kilowatt demand charge

Please help me !

3 phase powermeter

If they bill it by line, then yes. At my house we get billed by our single phase power line. It would make sense that if you had 3 phases you would get billed for each phase. If one of the CTs failed it would read 0 current, so they would think you weren't using one of the phases until they discovered that it was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.