Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDRAM problem - sending file to the SDRAM, BRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.rezaul

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SDRAM problem

Hi I am using Kingston 512MB SDRAM for my XUP virtex 2 pro development board. I am working on image filtering where I have to transfer the image file to the SDRAM and then filter it by bring the data to the BRAM's. I am struck off into following steps:

1. How can I send a whole image file to the SDRAM. I can put some data on the SDRAM using the EDK C code which is as follows

#define XPS_MEM_RAM 0x60000000 // this was the starting address of
// the SDRAM as provided by the EDK when I added it to my system
Xuint32 *RAM;
RAM=XPS_MEM_RAM;
RAM=0x12345678;

but how to send a full file... Also I am not sure whether the procedure i followed is completely correct???

2.How can i bring my data(which is in SDRAM) to the BRAM. Can i add BRAM to my EDK system as i added SDRAM... If so how??? I also tried to access the SDRAM with VHDL code but it was quiet complicated. I also heard about SDRAM controller but didn't found any for my SDRAM.

Please suggest me something for any of the two problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back