Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad Capture Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallingrain_83

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad capture problems

Hi dear all Friends
I have designed a schematic which has some parts seperated from each other I mean for example I devided FPGA device to 3 seperate part: Power, Control, Data... So I want to define them as a single part and define a footprint for that can i connect them togather?
I used part manager to creat a new group and added all pices of FPGA part to a group and I defined footprint for all pices the same
however when I created the netlist and mounted it to layout,three FPGA pices appeared as seperate parts!!!!:cry:
how can I define that thise three pices belong to one part?
Thanks of your responses:|

create multi-part package orcad

This is explained in detail in OrCAD help. You should assign package attribute to each part.

M

define homogeneous and heterogenenous parts orcad

When you've created the library package for your FPGA, you made several parts inside that package. Probably, they were called U?A, U?B, U?C, etc. When you place the part, you get a "Place Part" dialog. At the bottom of this dialog is a frame called "Packaging". You should select each part (A, B, C, etc; one at a time) and place them. If you get designators U1A, U2B, U3C, instead of U1A, U1B, U1C, just edit the numeric parts of the designators in the schematic.

Hope it helps. Hope, I understood your question correctly.

BTW, here a good resource on OrCAD: **broken link removed**

- Nick

orcad create multiple parts package

Hi and thanks of your response
I could not find any thing related to how make seperate parts to be a pacjage in help documents, however it has some explanations for that
can you tell me where I can find a tutorial for that? since I studied ttutorial flow and user guide of Orcad capture!!
I am using version 16.2
thanks

Added after 53 minutes:

thanks guys I could solve it
:D

orcad layout page frame -session

Hi,
If u are about to create a library.First u need to decide it can be made in single part or multiple part..based on this u have to create the library and declare the properties

step1 : create a new symbol
in that dialog box whcih appears ..there wil be option called PACKAGE TYPE
there will be 2 options
1 .Homogeneous
2. Heterogeneous
Homogeneous refers to single part symbol..u need to enalbe this in order to create a single sy,bol

Heterogeneous is used to create multiple parts for a single symbol
so u need to enable this option to create multiple part in a single symbole

pls try this ..if still any error occurs let m eknow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back