Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming a fingerprint scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyangirojoe

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
am trying to program a futronics FS80 fingerprint scanner with java to act as an attendance checking system. can someone help.

programming fingerprint scanner

tell me , which type of communication you are using with pc ? usb...rs 232...db 25..
or anything else ...?

I want to use fingerprint scanner with my arm port ,how i Connect, What type of protocol follow, we have usb and ethernet facility on my board

to nyangirojoe
it seems that the device you are using "futronics FS80" is giving an connectivity of USB and direct software are been given for windows and linux

but you did not specify the controller you are using OR you are using java in computer itself
so for anything you need to have a USB Host interface in your hardware and also to implement a USB host Stack / Interfacing
and to know the data provided by the FS80.

to pramod_ram
the futronics FS80 fingerprint scanner has only USB interface so you can use the USB port of your board
but the USB port given in the board should be a USB host so first check for that

Status
Not open for further replies.