Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do PCB Silk Screening yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW8LJJ

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to apply legens on a PCB other than the silk screening method which is very expensive for one offs and small production runs. I am not interested in solder resist.

I can make double-sided PCBs and I etch on the top side any lmportant legen in copper, but I would like to use say, white paint.

Thanks.

pcb silk screen

GW8LJJ said:
...silk screening method which is very expensive for one offs and small production runs.
Silkscreens aren't very expensive if you make them yourself - less than $5. You can buy photosensitive sikscreen material and expose it just as you do you PCB's. Then attach it to a frame (wood or plastic), lay the stencil over your PCB and use a squeegee to apply the paint.

how to make pcb silk screen

That sounds interesting. I would like more information please.

maybe you could direct me to a supplier of materials.

Thanks for your help....

silk screening white paint problems

Here is an article abt how to make your own PCB's.

**broken link removed**

Good luck.

GW8LJJ

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
diy pcb silk screening

Its easy to do if you have a laser printer.

Just print your Silk image onto some printed glossy magazine paper and using a medium hot clothes iron press it on for a minute, using a piece of plain white paper on top of the magazine paper.
Then soak in water and rub off the paper with your fingers.

As easy as that - but like early Fords - in black only !

GW8LJJ

pcb silk screen supplies

Just Google "Silkscreen Kit" - you'll get plenty of sites that sell silkscreen supplies and kits.

GW8LJJ

diy pcb silk screen

Gentlemen:
Many thanks for the info. I shall look these up and have a read.
Strange, I did a search some time ago and came up with nothing of any use. However, that was some time ago so Its all been added since.
Once again, many thanks. Best Regards, Eric.

silk screen film for pcb

Hi!

I use a different method, but I'm not sure wether it would cause leakage problems in critical applications or not!

For basic analogue PCBs, e.g., Elektor projects, I simply print the component legend onto self-adhesive label-sheet, cut it to size then cover with a sheet of Transpaseal Mapping Film or similar, then stick it on the PCB top-side!!!

The older Elektor PCB designs made by the erstwhile Elektor Print Service were really lovely, in my opinion far more asthetically-pleasing than the current Ultiboard ones they make!

This method works with any software, you can print the copper tracks/topsilk/board outline etc., as a composite print-out together to make something like you'd see in a commercial service Manual!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back