Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Feeding - is simulating exciting antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiterw

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Antenna Feeding

When using software such as cst or feko is it necessary to simulate how the antenna is "excited". For example if i know i will be using a balun to connect a dipole antenna to a coax line do i need to simulate the balun with the coax or can i just use a port to excite the antenna. I am trying to determine if it is at all necessary. Any specific reasons why it would or would not need to be done?

Re: Antenna Feeding

I would simulate the connection method if the real life scenario was not ideal. Like a long cable run to the antenna that doesn't have access to a good ground at the base of the antenna or that you are aware of a missmatch that will take place and want to know its impact.. But if you have ideal conditions for your final application I wouldn't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back