Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating a rectangular microstrip antenna voltage source

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejla

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is an antenna a vltage source?

i wnat to simulate a array of two identic rectangular microstrip antenna , each one is excited by a voltage source , the boundaries must be perfectly electric and the ground plane is finite.
when i simulate the project with hfss v9.2 i didn't find S21 in the list of outputs parameters,
can any one help me!
i attached my project

Re: simulating a rectangular microstrip antenna voltage sour

Hi,

I have checked your file, you have to use two waveports instead.

change the size of the air box too

Re: simulating a rectangular microstrip antenna voltage sour

thanks for yo,r help, but i have a question: i want to compute the S21 of this two antennas by moment method and compare result with simulation, the source were planar voltage source in moment method, is it possible to replace them by waveport in simulation.
Concernig the box, i can just modify its height(in z direction) because all the structure is considered embeded in a weveguide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back