Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP required - the input of 8051 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil Israr

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELP REquired

HELLO Friends,
I am new here, i have not used microcontroller before. I want to know that how much votage is required for the input of 8051 controller, and how can i conrol relays through it.

I want to control a relay through GSM detector using 8051 controller, detector gives output voltage of 5 to 6V.

Thank YOu

Re: HELP REquired

for knowing what operating voltage for 8051 , you need to share part number of it from the specific vendor. it comes in different flavour.

Re: HELP REquired

8051 is nowadays just a [micro-] processing core (an instruction set really), integrated into many different microcontrollers from many vendors in many flavors. You’ll need to refer to the datasheet of your specific part to get the info you’re after.
In any case, controlling relays will require some type of interfacing (such as an external transistor, a diode and some resistors, in the simplest case).

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.