Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could Any body help me out regarding PCB standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumya_85

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any information regarding IPC-600 or ANSI/IPC-A-610 standard?

IPC specs, (there are a few of them) all have to do with 'quality' of a PCB. ie: does it have less than "x amount of this, or y amount of that". Generally, a common board doesn't have to worry about it, as most PCB fab houses produce acceptable boards. It's mostly for people that want to pay for the extra added assurance that the board will be a 'good' board. Perhaps medical equipment, military, or even some FDA stuff. Unless someone specifically requires it, chances are, you don't need it. And, if you do need it, simply ask your board fab house to fab to "those" specifications. Most of the big players can. I think I've been asked to deliver to that spec perhaps two times in my life, and that was simply because someone 'heard from there counter parts' that it was better. But again, in todays times, if a board fab house can't turn quality boards, they won't stay in the game that long.

-Mike
www.pcb-experts.com

saumya_85

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back