Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Naming rules of passives and miscellaneous footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

yananl

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are using Altium to do EE design. But I meet some problem about footprint or schematic naming.

For example, each resistor has several different footprints. Some refer to different wattages or different land pattern. But since the naming rules of footprint we are using are only based on geometric, like lead spacing and body size, I have no idea which resistor is which because the naming does not tell me.

I am thinking about how to name the components more accurately.

If anyone can give me some suggestions, I’ll greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Re: Help: Naming rules of passives and miscellaneous footpri

here at my compagnie we use the IPC land pattern naming conventions. Which is very usefull for almost all components. If we need to have more information we simply append this to the standard pattern name.

You can find the document at **broken link removed**

a pattern name like CAPC1608X100N means a CAPacitor, Chip non polarized, bodylenght=1.6 body width=08mm, body height=1.0mm. If you want to add extra information the pattern name would be something like CAPC1608X100N_AVX-XR7 or wathever you want to add.

And, you can use the land pattern wizzard from PCBmatrix to construct the patterns. This tool will save you a lot of time.

Re: Help: Naming rules of passives and miscellaneous footpri

Hi everyone,

I just started using Orcad PCB designer. In a design I would like to use a QFN component. In search for the footprint I found the Footprint Maker program.
When I click to generate the footprint PCB designer opens but i get a error.

E- Command not found: skill 'load "c:\\FPM\\fpm.il"'

Please help me.

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back