Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic 16F877 and Virtual Terminal in Proteus communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asteroid

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC and Usart

Hi to all friends.

I am new to the world of programming microcontrollers and trying to set up communication between my Pic 16F877 and Virtual Terminal in Proteus.

I have written the following code. But it is not working. Please tell me what's wrong with it.

//Pic 16F877
// Clock 20 Mhz

unsigned char txt[8];

unsigned int i;

void main() {

Usart_Init(9600);
Lcd_Init(&PORTD);

txt[0]="12";
txt[1]="20";
txt[2]="50";
txt[3]="10";
txt[4]="40";
txt[5]="80";
txt[6]="76";
txt[7]="48";

for (i=0;i<8;i++)

Usart_Write(txt);

}

Re: PIC and Usart

Not at all familiar with the pic you're using so not sure how the uart is going to like it when your *for* loop pounds the uart buffer every pass through at processor rates before it has a chance to empty each byte out. Then again maybe the called function is smart enough to handle it.

Might try a while loop under your call "Usart_Write(txt); " based on a UART BUSY or DONE flag if one is available.

PIC and Usart

u r a beginner, so dont use Usart_init() function...trty to do it by setting registers..

instead of writing usart write uart1
and make sure that you ticked the icon of ( uatr ) in the library

Status
Not open for further replies.