Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer Query - back annotating net names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous_Ricky

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium query

Hi all,

I am back annotationg Ref Des from PCB to Schematic but the problem is that by doing this net names doesnot change with ref des they remain as per old (which result ion DRC errors and i have to unroute all the connections).Is there any procedure with which I can change the only ref des.

Thanks in Advance,

Ricky

@ltium Designer Query

Not quite sure if I follow what your trying to do,
IF you have drawn the schematic then use the update PCB this then should transfer all details over, Now if you already have a designed PCB and then you use the update PCB from the schematic editor this will not update the existing tracks the only way is to manually select all the track to that net and just rename to that net.

example:
Net00 (exsiting track)
C2_net1 (just an example net name)
ans say this net c2_net1 goes to a resistor, PIN 2 in IC1 and a cap, then just hold the shift button and click on all the tracks that relate to that net then double click on part of the selected net then this opens box up and just type your net name or select the net from list, Then you have to do the same for all others I know this is a long winded proccess but it's the only way I know to

@ltium Designer Query

Thanks Wizpic for your reply,

but this is not the solution I was looking for it is very lenghty process.
By the way I found the solution of the query.

Thaks,
Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back