Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help in designing a 16-bit Carry-select Adder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pobi24

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please, i need help.

Hi,

I need help in designing a 16-bit Carry-select Adder. Input two 16-bit numbers A & B. Output is 16-bit sum and a carry. Use any adder form and any logic form static, dynamic, or any variation of these or within these families.

You don't have to do the simulation because i just need the layout design and the truth table. But if you want to help me with the simulation using HSPICE, please keep reading.

Performance Measure: Use Area A, Time T, Power P, or AT^2 as the circuit performance.

Testing: Choose an optimum test vestor to test the design.

Noise Margins: You can choose any logic swing. The noise margins should be at least 10% of the voltage swing.

Rise and Fall times: All input signals and clocks have rise and fall times of less than 100 psec. The rise and fall times of the output signals ( 10% 90%) should not exceed 1nsec.

Load capacitance: Each output bit of the comparator should have a 20 fF load.

Thank you in advance. :cry:

I am learning to design adder in hspice. I have started to design a 1-bit adder in hspice. I have studied the cmos implementation of adder. Can anyone guide me where do I need to start to implement it in hspice. I need help in making netlist for the 1-bit adder.
Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back