Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS tutorial waveguide slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

videl_rabbit

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss waveguide slot

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a waveguide slot antenna using HFSS, but I'm not sure how to get started. Anyone has any helpful tutorial files? One on how to build a waveguide and feed it would be helpful. Please sent the files to me at sluli_2 at yahoo.com, I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks.

hfss tutorial waveguide

Hello everyone,

That would be nice to post these files in the forum itself, so that everybody (mmmh... including... me :D) could benefit from the information !
Thks in advance

hfss waveguide simulation example

Partition the problem into small manageable steps.

Learn how to create and feed a waveguide. This is relatively easy but you need to study the examples provided by Ansoft. More are posted here. "Search" is your friend. I would put ports at both ends.

Since you want to study a slot and I assume you want radiation characteristics. Next look into what is known as a radiation box (or sometimes an airbox) and a radiation boundary. Put that around your waveguide.

Then figure out how and where to cut a slot. Your choice as to where.

Now you will want to look into post processing to extract the desired information.

hello , it is easy to find such a book especially in china . such as hffss full book.you can download it from **broken link removed** luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back