Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is FF(best case)/SS (worst case) corner timing simulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaanki

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one explain me in detail what is FF(best case)/SS (worst case) corner timing simulation ?

timing simulation

While you do timing clouse, you have to make sure that in all the operating conditions your ckt's timings are met and ckt works fine. so to ensure this , we do timing clouser in best case(worst hold check..i.e minimum time) and worst case(worst setup check). While you simulate in bestcase, you will have a smallest delays,(high Vdd, low temperature, best process). With this situation, you may encounter hold violations, so we simulate this condtions to make sure that even in the best conditions we are not facing any hold violations. Similarly for the worst case (low Vdd, high temperature and worst process so worst/highest delays). I this case we may face setup violations, so we simulate this conditions to make sure aht even in the worst case conditions we are not facing any setup violations.
Hope this helps you.............

Re: timing simulation

he's right. slow/slow for setup. fast/fast for hold.

timing simulation

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back