Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define ports when integrating CST Design Studio with CST Microwave Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVVIN

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Help required in CST .
While Integrating CST design studio with Cst microwave studio how to define ports.

I have an antenna which is having a port (connected between 2 points). While calling the same in design studio , it comes with only 1 pin. Is it enough .

Can I use a 1 ohm port in design studio and view the result correctly even though I have connected a 50 ohm port in Cst microwave studio.

Regards
GV

Re: CST Design studio

first u tell me which type of coupling mechanism u used for power coupling e.g. probe coupling or microstrip line coupling or slot coupling .
if u tell me coupling mechanism then i will tell you how to define port in the CST microwave studio bcoz in each coupling mechanism there r different way to define port so plz tell me firstly type of coupling...........

Re: CST Design studio

Yaa I will elaborate.

I have 2 antennas . I want to measure coupling between them.

Issue with design studio is. one of the antenna is non 50 ohm so I need to add lumped elements to compensate, If I can use Design studio I need not resimulate 3D simulation in Microwave studio each time for change in lumped element. So my question was regarding (ports) in CST microwave studio being called inside CST design studio .

Regards
GV

Hi all, greetings to all,

I'm currently designing a 180 degree compact rat-race hybrid coupler for butler matrix network. I divided my rat-race into 8 sub-structures : 4 t-junctions, 2 bends and 2 straight lines. I've already obtained the results for each part of my sub-structure. But now i'm not sure how to combine the structures so that i can obtain the output for the whole rat-race hybrid coupler that is 180 degree phase difference. I'm aware of exporting the sub-structures to DXF file format but i am not sure which environment or how is the step to combine it and get the combined rat-race hybrid coupler output.

Appreciate very much if you can help. Thanks

Best & Warmest Regards,
SAM Bend.pngstraightline.pngt-junction.png

Hi all
please a help i designed a microstrip line and i don't understand how to put a source and to choose ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back