Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to see the waveform of intermedia signals in MaxPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwrabbit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MaxPlus node, waveform.

Hi, everybody,
I use graphic Editor in MaxPlus, the schematic synthezise has passed. now I edit waveform. i use "Enter nodes from SNF" all the input, output port are listed. so that's OK. My problem is, I want to see the signal of a node, so I assigned a node name to where I want to watch, set "Preserved All Node Mane synonyms" is checked, and compile again.
no error, but the node name is not in the SNF list. How can I see the waveform of intermedia signals? :cry:

I appreciate your answers.

Regards

Re: MaxPlus node, waveform.

1.after"enter nodes fron SNF" press" list"
2.press">>" and "oK".
3.Now you have to edit your input signal waveform by the left toobar
4.Go to main menu, select "max+plusII"---"simulator", then you can
get your waveform of your ouput signal.
5.change your input signal waveform and repeat the above operation, you can simulate your code.

Hi wwwrabit,

did you select show node name synonyms in the Enter nodes from sNF window ?
did you select combinatory and/or registered signals in this window ?

After those verificatin, I admit that I've already seen this problem.

If you have a lot of combinatory equation and you want to see intermediate result, it will be difficult to see this result, beacause of the synthesis result. You may be forced to create a measurment test output that you can connect where you want in the design.
If the signal you want to watch is an input (D, clk, clrn, ena ...) of a flip flop, you can search in the rpt file the synthesis result of your design and then find the node name to insert in the waveform.

8)

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
R_e_m_y,

did you select show node name synonyms in the Enter nodes from sNF window ?
did you select combinatory and/or registered signals in this window ?

----I did.

After those verificatin, I admit that I've already seen this problem.

If you have a lot of combinatory equation and you want to see intermediate result, it will be difficult to see this result, beacause of the synthesis result. You may be forced to create a measurment test output that you can connect where you want in the design.
If the signal you want to watch is an input (D, clk, clrn, ena ...) of a flip flop, you can search in the rpt file the synthesis result of your design and then find the node name to insert in the waveform.

---- Yes, there are some combinatory equation. I work arround by define a node a output. then I can see them. as you said, there is a signal I can't see because synthesis optimizes it (I guess). anyway, MaxPlus seems not a friendly software(my impression). :roll:

Hi wwwrabit

M@x+ is not a simulatin tool. It's a complete PLD development tool specific to @ltera. So simulations are always done with a synthesis result.
It does not have breakpoints for exemples...

But I think that this tool is very helpfull for debugging components of a design. With it, I can check very quickly the vhdl code and generate easily short simulations to verify basis functionning.
I've already read this : Max+ Is used for dirty simulations. I agree with it.

I hope you'll fix your problem.
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back