Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do monte carlo analysis from corner analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracy_smile

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I only know the process variation in corner, how can I do monte carlo simulation in Hspice?

For example, Vthn=0.8V at TT corner, at SS corner is 0.9V, at FF corner is 0.7V. Can I extract the Gauss distribution for Monte Carlo analysis.

Does Monte Carlo analysis has relationship with Corner analysis?

Thanks!

Corner Analysis varies the parameters of all transistors simultaneously.

Monte Carlo analysis doesn't do so. Instead, it varies the parameters of nominally matched transistors according to a pre-determined (from measurements) gaussian distribution. This allows you to investigate the effect of mismatch ( at a given corner )

I think it's not possible to extract Monte carlo's gaussian distb from corner data

You must ask Monte Carlo model from your foundry first. The model is different from basic device model.

Worst case model indicate the maximum variation of the process parameter, can I believe that it obey some distribution, such as uniform or gauss? I see from a subject that say many fabs use +/-4sigmas , in their min/max parameters. Is that right?

If the foundry has no monte carlo model, how can I do monte carlo simulation under the data of worst case model?

Thanks!

We do not received monte carlo model from foundry.

Can i write a monte carlo model myself reference to the matching document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back