Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a antenna of frequency at 10KHz to 30MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

toney

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
10khz magnetic loop

I want to design a antenna of frequency from 50KHz to 30MHz.please help me .tell me how to design,and give me some resource to design.3 k u

antenna .org 30m hz

It's not possible to get such coverage from a single antenna. For low frequencies use a magnetic antenna or a long wire at least hundreds of meters matched.
An antena with a low SWR in wide bandwidth is the discone antena - if you have enough space:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discone_antenna.

The disc and cone can be made of many metalic rods or wires placed radialy. I've seen something like this in a meteorological facility.

rothammel antenna book

You do not mention if it is receive or transmit.

Sure, for a receiver you just get a piece of wire, as long as you can fit, and hook it up to a high impedance amplifier. You have a dreadful system noise figure, but it turns out that there is so much background and atmospheric noise in this frequency band that it usually does not matter. This is not a resonant antenna. You might be able to get something smaller if you wind a lot of turns on a ferrite rod, but once again non-tuned.

If you want to transmit, you might want to consider driving a short loop of heavy wire/ribbon with a current source--non tuned also.

It is not easy but possible. You may built even highly directive antenna with electrically movable angle of receiving maximum with substantial gain. The best places to look are the ham radio antennas books and maritime antennas. The first one you may check on ARRL site (www.arrl.org). But do not expect small size antenna unless you need very specific receiving antenna (receiving and transmitting antenna performance is different despite many textbook statements) or tunable high-Q antenna is acceptable. In last case you may check direction finding antennas. Antennas actually have no noise figure, their noise performance is evaluated with so called noise temperature which may be very low or very high dependent on ambient electromagnetic situation and angle of receiving sight. So, in most cases, you may do not worry about antenna noise performance.

Can you give me a ref.?thank u

I think I already did it. Check what I listed and you will get a lot of information to consider. Step by step you may narrow your search and finally get what you need. Nobody will give you ready to go solution right on the scene.

can you give me some resource for me to study?Thank u. I think i will learn some theory and design on 10kHz antenna.

10 kHz band is used for military, primarily to provide radio communications between submarines and the rest of the world. If you desperately need this band, check submarines antennas. For frequencies starting from about 1MHz the best is ARRL antenna books or other ham antenna books. For example K.Rothammel's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back