Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir modulator demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrax

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir demodulator

Hello how to make ir led and phototransistor to work on same FREQUENCY with 555 for proximity sensing

thnaks regards from bulgaria

ir modulator

A LM555 has no demodulator function. I've been previously using LM567 as oscillator/synchronous demodulator in a single chip. It basically needs an additional transistor to drive the LED.

demodulator ir

photodiode has the disadvantage of getting saturated because of sunlight you can use TSOP 1738 IR receiver, these are easily available & works at 38khz frequency
you can use 555 to generate a 38 khz modulated signal & receive the signal using TSOP 1738 but the only drawback is the the receiver gives just single low pulse when 38khz is received so you will have to turn ON/OFF the modulated signal so you get a continuous low signal from the receiver

irda receiver with demodulator

A remote control receiver isn't well suited to get a defined sensitivity, you have no option to adjust the proximity switch. But for applications, that require maximum sensitivity only, this isn't an issue.

Generally any receiver get's saturated at a certain DC light intensity. I'm not sure, if an remote control receiver can operate with direct sunlight exposure, but it ís basically possible with a photodiode, if necessary. A photodiode with ambient light filter (as the remote control receivers also have) will already absorb a large part of sunlight intensity. Unfortunately, incandescent lamps are scarcely filtered, they are very likely to saturate a remote control receiver if strong enough.

demodulation ir 40khz

In this case you do not tune the sensitivity of the receiver instead you change the intensity of the receiver according to your requirement
i have used the remote control receiver & it works really gr8 even in broad daylight & even the incandescent lamps doesn't effect it. I used it in robotics for obstacle detection bcoz of which the obstacle detection section works really fine all the time as the ambient light doesn't affect it that much.

ir modulator chip

ir resiever is good variant but it sense in to long range i need to sense in 2-3inch i saw variant with 2 IR LED one rx, and one TX and OmAmp

i saw other variant with ir resiever on 40Khz , they modulated signal for IR led on ~38Khz and the range go down /i think the resiever get more errors :)/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back