Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tips for measuring harmonics from a transmitter (~1W) with a spectrum analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFnewbie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need some tips to measure harmonics from a transmitter (~1W) with a spectrum analyzer. I know that I need to use notch or high pass filter to remove the fundamental freq and so avoid the AS input from saturating. My concern is in this case the impedance seen by the transmitter at fundamental. I can use an attenuator to hide the mismatch at fund freq but this would be harmfull for the dynamic range. A circulator is also a solution but I don't have wideband enough.
Do you have any suggestion or test set-up for this measurement?
Thanks a lot.

Re: Harmonic measure

Apart from analyzer dynamic range, it's spurious IM is most likely the basic issue. Thus filtering of fundamental by higpass or bandstop filter is badly needed. A 10 dB attenuator may be a compromise to keep the transmitter impedance matching within an acceptable range. With usual analyzer senistivity, 20 dB should be possible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back