Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solution for hex2coe conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

babaganoosh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hex2coe

I have solved one problem as how to generate .coe file from hex file.

there are two utilities

1:hex to bin conversion:this tool will convert hex file to bin file. method is open hex file in this editor and save it. it will save it as bin file.

2:bin to coe conversion. this tool will convert bin file to coe file. problem with this tool is its not in english.so here are some tips

on the top, one can see two ?? click to them and select the bin file.as you selct the file it will show in the next field \output.coe. that is the location where it will generate .coe file.for my case it was c:\( u can search it by using search option in operating system).

most important step is third field. by default it will show 1.here is how .coe file will look like

MEMORY_INITIALIZATION_RADIX=2;
MEMORY_INITIALIZATION_VECTOR=

1 means there will only 1 bit.for my case i have 8 bit so i put in this field 8 and it gives like above.

on the bottom there are three buttons which all shows ??

first from left is generate which will generate the .coe file and you can see progress bar.

2 button is clear it will clear all the fields

3 button is exit.

i hope this will help others.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back