Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference Between WCDMA and CDMA ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhq

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between cdma and wcdma

Please any one tell me what is the difference between CDMA and WCDMA ? and what is CDMA 2000 Standard.

At what frequencies they operate, what is the data rate for each of tham, what they support, i mean, they support Vedio conferencing or not? and waht about its features

cdma wcdma difference

you asked too many questions at one time. But I can quickly tell you the basic difference. CDMA is a complete cellular system which was employed for 2G and now for 3G network. CDMA2000 is the version of CDMA system for 3G. WCDMA is the physical layer technology adopted for 3G UMTS system. The difference between CDMA and WCDMA in term of physical layer spreading is that in CDMA system signal is spread upto 1.25 MHz( I am not sure about actual value ) while in WCDMA signal is spread upto 5MHz band. Hence extra "W" meaning "wide" is used and hence called as WCDMA.

difference between wcdma and cdma

one is from 2G n other from 3 G,

bhq

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wcdma cdma difference

WCDMA (Wideband CDMA) descibes a platform that can be convenient for the deployment of 3G. this is because of its spreading bandwidth -5MHz. Technically, their concept of code allocation is the same. tjtobs

Status
Not open for further replies.