Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What tools support "C" to program FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishwa

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Is it possible to make a digital system using C language instead of HDL for FPGA/CPLD/ASIC.

If so, please let me know how to do that.

Thanks,
Viswa

CatapultC from Mentor Graphics supports hardware description using C. many of international companies are using it. try to use it and if you faced any problems let me know i can support you.

www.celoxica.com also offerc C compiler for hardware description.
But somehow I can't find it anymore on their website !

Looks like Catalytic absorbed Celoxica's synthesis products business, and now everything is called Agility.
See the second link in my message above, and this info:
**broken link removed**

Hi,

Thanks everybody, to your replies.

Dear Mahammad_Ali,

Thanks. Please suggest me a good book, how to describe hardware in C. And any examples?

Thanks,
Vishwa

how about search for some book on embedded system programming in C?

AA,
Impulse is a good tool. There is a book talking about with a good example. It is in edaboard. Just searchfor it. It is called practical FPGA programming in C.
BR,
Amr Ali.

muhammad_ali said:
CatapultC from Mentor Graphics supports hardware description using C. many of international companies are using it. try to use it and if you faced any problems let me know i can support you.

Yeah, CatapultC is the only one available tool. Unfortunately only comercial version is avalable.

Status
Not open for further replies.