Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I generate a symbol using MaxPlusII ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwrabbit

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MaxPlusII symbol edit???

I am working on MaxPlusII. I wrote a verilog module, counter.v. it passed everything. how could I generate a symbol? so I could use this counter as a component in the graphic edit. I know there is a symbol eidt, but it has to draw the component from scratch. I think there must be another way.
Thanks

Re: MaxPlusII symbol edit???

Hi,

I think the best way to create the symbol is :
1) use the "file/create default symbol" function of M@x+ (when counter.v windows is active). This will generate a basic symbol with inputs on left and output on right.
2) edit this symbol (just double click on the counter.sym on the hierarchy display window)

You can move your pins, draw basic geometrics ...

Some tips for you :
- make a copy of your personalyzed symbol : if you regenerate the symbol by mistake with M@x+, your work will not be lost.
- create symbole when your desing is complete. Add pins to the component may be boring ...

At last, if you want to make simulation of your top level design with M0del$im, or if you want to make synthesis on an other target (or SW), it is better to use a top level file in verilog.
:wink:

Re: MaxPlusII symbol edit???

Thanks a lot. You made the point. It took me some time to figure it out. I think xilinx ISE is more intuitive.
Thank u again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back