Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in system generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck_nandy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have designed a project with matlab simulink blocks and xilinx blocks.
i can simulate and view m output in the simulink scope.

m doubt is can i generate a vhdl code from this project where i have used
matlab simulink blocks ...............

do matlab simulink blocks get convert into vhdl blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ppppppppplllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzz reply

"IS SIMULINK BLOCKSET SYNTHESIZABLE UNDER XILINX's SYSTEM GENERATOR?"...

i am not sure wheather simulink blocks are synthesisable in system generator .

Only the *Xilinx* blocks can be translated into FPGA code.

The Simulink blocks are typically only used as source (provide simulation data) and as sinks (display results).
Simulink block are connected to Xilinx blocks by means of 'gateways', which are basically 'convert' blocks (typically floating point to/from fixed point). You can think of gateways as the physical pins of the FPGA. Simulink provides, and reads, the data to/from these 'pins'. This does not only work from within the Simulink environment, but this also works when the Xilinx blocks are translated into FPGA code, and you let the simulation run in the actual FPGA hardware (Harware Co-simulation).
You can also use MatLab M-Code (Xilinx M-Code block), but this is limited (only basic logical constructions like if/then/else/case, basic mathematical functions like compare/add/subtract/mult(?)). This can be used, for example, to contruct state machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back